Android Visual Designer
Our jobs website has moved! See all of our current job openings at www.google.com/jobs.
This position is based in Mountain View, CA.
The area: User Experience
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.” We’re passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and Web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
The role: Android Visual Designer
As a Visual Designer focusing on Google’s Android mobile platform you will work closely with engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the product cycle to create compelling, coherent and user friendly designs. Top candidates will be critical thinkers with the ability to express concepts verbally and visually and refine them through to final production artwork. Successful candidates will be able to have an impact on the mobile experience of millions of Android users.
Please send URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume and cover letter. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered. red.
- Translate user feedback and business requirements into onscreen hand-held device and web user interfaces.
- Deliver preliminary mockups, pie-in-the sky mockups and final mockups.
- Ensure the coherent visual presentation of several Android touch-points on devices and on the broader Internet.
- Contribute to the continuing development of the Android visual style.
- Develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey ideas in tangible and aesthetically refined forms.
- A BA, BFA or higher degree in formal visual design is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Fireworks, Photoshop and Illustrator is required; a working knowledge of Adobe Flash, After Effects, CSS and HTML is a plus.
- A solid understanding of hand-held device/web graphics techniques and production practices.
- A solid understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Strong creative and visual skills; the ability to explain your thinking; strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently and with a group.
- Supreme attention to detail and a demonstrated mastery of typography, color, and page layout.
- A penchant for doing great work and a passion for wanting to delight the Android community.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Article source: http://jcnlx.com/f63956b79cfa4fa98b92f58861031b46