Our jobs website has moved! See all of our current job openings at www.google.com/jobs.
This position is based in New York, NY
The area: Technology Infrastructure
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technology Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We’re always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The role: Engineering Director
Like Google’s own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our world-class software engineers are just getting started — and as a manager, you guide the way.
- Manage the East coast Cluster Management teams.
- Ability to think strategically and drive direction for monitoring and configuration of systems at Google.
- BSCS degree (in lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience).
- C++, deep systems skills.
- Solid leadership skills and experience building strong engineering teams.
- Experience working on high speed, high frequency trading systems.
- Very high technical competence, strong systems background with track record of individual technical accomplishments.
- Able to establish credibility with smart engineers quickly, and provide longer term vision and motivation.
- System builders.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Article source: http://jcnlx.com/5ed53d43c0bd40eeabbf919ccceb8667