Our jobs website has moved! See all of our current job openings at www.google.com/jobs.
This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The area: Real Estate and Workplace Services
Just as Google products always focus on the user, Google offices focus on the Googler. From state-of-the-art green construction projects to maintaining our resident T. Rex skeleton (named Stan), the Real Estate and Workplace Services team builds environments that keep Googlers feeling inspired and energized. We’re a team of inquisitive and energetic real estate, construction and facilities operations professionals that are constantly searching for new ways to improve workplace efficiency and make Google a great place to come to work everyday.
The role: Facilities Manager
At Google, we aim to foster Googley work environments that are collaborative, friendly and fun. The Facilities Management team brings our spaces to life as you oversee the daily operations of our offices. While roles with similar names at other companies can be far more mundane, you’re a creative, organized customer service specialist, who takes pride in seeing things run smoothly and efficiently. You go out of your way to make sure your clients are not only satisfied, but singing Google’s praises. You’re comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the highest standards of excellence. You aren’t afraid to have fun with your job, and bring an enthusiasm, dedication and a collaborative spirit to build and maintain office spaces that facilitate some of the world’s most cutting edge innovation.
- Plan and manage delivery of daily office activities, employee programs, and service objectives in a regional site setting in collaboration with Real Estate Workplace Services functional teams.
- Oversee property management services including maintenance of building and mechanical systems, janitorial service and supplies, and health safety in a demanding environment that requires the highest level of service delivery.
- Manage vendor service contracts and request for proposal processes, including obtaining vendor price quotes, preparing contracts and purchase orders, reviewing and approving invoices.
- Manage outsourced facilities services vendor; ensuring best practices are being created by using and testing Google products while also having general oversight of daily operations of office(s) in all areas of workplace services including reception, security, mail, and ticketing system.
- Act as on-site liaison during planning and construction of office expansions and is also responsible for managing vendor service contracts and request for proposal processes, purchase orders, space planning, tracking, move coordination, and new hire space accommodations.
- BA/BS degree. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience.
- 3 years of service experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, corporate services, property management or equivalent office management experience.
- Previous experience developing and managing budgets (including capital budget justification) with strong financial, contract management and purchasing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and work in a fast paced office environment; proven record of effecting strategic change and initiatives where prudent.
- Service-minded and strong customer service focus, flexible and open to new ways of doing business; multiple language skills a plus.
- Solid management, communication and strong leadership skills, with proven ability to influence at all levels; proficient in the use of common business software programs; and familiarity with Google applications desired.
- Solid knowledge of property management, food service, leases, construction terms and practices; understanding and knowledge of industry trends and direction.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Article source: http://jcnlx.com/3a9094d9438a42c7b0e9b2e8c4b4f392