Information Security Engineer
Our jobs website has moved! See all of our current job openings at www.google.com/jobs.
This position is based in New York, NY.
The area: Research and Systems Infrastructure
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping Google’s internal systems humming, Googlers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We’re back-end ninjas: protecting your privacy, ensuring your security and leaving no trace behind.
The role: Information Security Engineer
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies which have changed how millions interact, making accessible and useful the world’s information. Our ambitions reach far beyond just Search To handle information at the the scale of the web requires ideas from every areas of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you work on small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- Perform security code audits and design reviews.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Evangelize security and secure coding practices throughout Google.
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Google’s products and services.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- 4 years relevant work experience, including experience in application-level vulnerability testing and code-level security auditing, as well as experience in web application security and software development experience in C++ or Java.
- Foundation in and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Article source: http://jcnlx.com/26433cf848484fe4807495b5bbf536a2