ITA Software, Software Engineer in Test
Our jobs website has moved! See all of our current job openings at www.google.com/jobs.
This position is based in Cambridge, MA.
The area: ITA Software
Founded by MIT computer scientists, ITA Software by Google is a leading provider of innovative solutions for the travel industry. Our solutions have a transformative impact on a large, dynamic industry that affects millions of people daily. ITA’s QPX, a comprehensive airfare shopping system, is used by leading airlines and travel distributors worldwide. ITA is now offering a completely new airline passenger reservation system to improve the customer experience. We value smart, awesome people who want to solve hard problems in a fun, collaborative and casual culture.
The role: ITA Software, Software Engineer in Test
As a Software Engineer in Test, you have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery and improve the quality of Google products. You will be responsible for designing and implementing build and test infrastructure, creating and enforcing good engineering practices, and evaluating product quality for various external and/or internal Google products. You will be part of an Engineering team that is working on problems in a number of areas, including caching optimizations, content delivery, network protocols, machine learning, and mobile products. Your primary responsibility as a Software Engineer in Test will be to work with the development and test engineering teams to create new test harnesses, automate testing, implement new automation tools and create innovative automated test systems. These test systems explore and validate the functional correctness, performance capabilities, and resource usage of our software, as well as their interaction with other Google systems and infrastructure.
- Own and deliver innovative solutions for large scale automated testing strategies, quality assurance, and data analysis
- Define test strategies, analyze results and validate functionality
- Work with development and testing teams to gather and extract test requirements and use cases, and to ensure adoption and expand the reach of the delivered tools
- Fix framework bugs and improve test architecture, including adding required unit tests
- Provide framework and test case documentation and training
- Bachelor’s degree. In lieu of degree, 4 years work experience in software development and/or test automation or related field
- 3 years of work experience in software engineering or test automation or related field
- Excellent coding skills in Java, Python, or C++, and proficient skills in one or more common scripting languages (Python, Perl, or Shell)
- Deep knowledge of testing methodologies and software development life cycle
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical discipline (PhD)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly proficient in integration, deployment, and large-scale application testing in a Unix/Linux environment
- Knowledge of the travel industry
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Article source: http://jcnlx.com/d736e1f1642742e1a37d4f062b6f67dc