Platforms Storage Kernel/Device Driver
Our jobs website has moved! See all of our current job openings at www.google.com/jobs.
This position is based in Mountain View, CA.
The area: Software Engineering
Google’s global deployment of custom-designed machines has created one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in existence: cutting-edge innovation on a huge scale. The Platforms team designs and builds the software, hardware, computing platform and networking technologies that power all of Google’s services.
The role: Platforms Storage Kernel/Device Driver
You are a software engineer with extensive experiences in computer systems, software and architecture. Some areas of development may include Linux kernel, device drivers, daemons, libraries, command line tools, or embedded firmware.
- Design, Implementation, Bring-up and Deployment for Server and Cluster Storage Systems Software
- Linux Storage Device Drivers
- Tools for Storage Systems Monitor, Management and Control
- Statistics Analysis Tools related to Storage Performance, Health, Utilization
- Embedded systems/firmware design, implementation and deployment
- Skill in C and/or C++ and scripting languages,
- Experience in Unix/Linux environments and Kernel storage device drivers.
- Experience with disk/storage technologies, SATA/ATA/SAS/SCSI storage protocols, and PCIe protocol analyzers
- Strong skills in Python, and Shell.
- Experience with network programming and basic knowledge of TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience with Linux/Unix open source development and communities for kernel/device drivers.
- Excellent testing and debugging skills.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Article source: http://jcnlx.com/69b59b2324de4fd7b64d74ed6e5e215e