Our jobs website has moved! See all of our current job openings at www.google.com/jobs.
This position is based in San Bruno, CA.
The area: YouTube and Video
The first video posted on YouTube was a 19-second clip called “Me at the Zoo.” Today, more than 48 hours of video are uploaded every minute. The YouTube and Video team helps budding filmmakers and musicians build careers, creates products like Google TV and YouTube Live and runs collaborative projects like Life in a Day and the YouTube Symphony Orchestra. We are leading a change in how we entertain, inform and share with one another, whether through cat videos or footage of a revolution in progress.
The role: Product Manager
We are looking for great product managers to help build YouTube!
YouTube’s accomplishments to date are already extremely impressive. Over 800M monthly visitors, 3B video views per day, over 48 hours of content uploaded every minute, the second largest search engine on the web, and one of the fastest growing revenue businesses in Google’s history.
Yet we have a long way to go. We are looking for rock star PMs to help in all areas of the product – the consumer experience, search discovery, creator and partner tools, video delivery platforms, device experiences, monetization, etc. The Product Management team works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch, and with our business partners to generate profitable revenue streams. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge technical and business worlds as you design technologies with creative and prolific engineers and then zoom out to lead matrix teams such as Sales, Marketing and Finance, to name a few. You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed. As a Product Manager, you can be part of shaping Google’s next game-changer.
- Build and manage a product roadmap to support our goals and strategies.
- Create preliminary design concepts, and work with engineering to implement and iterate.
- Initiate and prioritize projects within engineering, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods, track product development, and develop product launch plans.
- Develop the product strategy, positioning and all elements related to the business case.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience as a product manager in media, consumer internet or consumer tech companies
- User-focused instincts for product design
- Great, innovative problem solver that can turn ambiguous problem spaces into clear solutions
- Leader accustomed to driving results in collaborative, cross-functional environments with little instruction or oversight
- Eloquent communicator (both written and oral) comfortable in front of anyone from a hard-nosed engineer to a high-level studio executive
- Demonstrated ability to work with large quantities of information, delivering data driven solutions
- Great penchant for YouTube and advocacy for our user experience
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Article source: http://jcnlx.com/de6347d7beb34383962283ef406cbee5