Our jobs website has moved! See all of our current job openings at www.google.com/jobs.
This position is based in New York, NY. There are related positions available in Irvine, CA; Mountain View, CA (global HQ); San Bruno, CA; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Boulder, CO; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Cambridge, MA; Pittsburgh, PA; and Seattle/Kirkland, WA. Relocation assistance is available.
The area: Software Engineering
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies for which we’ve become world-renowned. In addition to revolutionizing search technology, we use our world-class programming skills to innovate in a number of other areas as well. Our projects include working on advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability and storage solutions, and large-scale applications that enrich the user experience. We also work extensively on networking systems, advertising systems and complex transaction systems in consumer applications.
The role: Software Engineer
Software Engineers have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems. Google is much more than search, and our mission has much greater scope. To handle information at the scale of the web requires ideas from just about every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design, etc.
Engineers work on many projects that carry varying responsibilities. Below are some examples of the diverse projects with which you might be involved.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly. You should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with, Java web application development.
- Build our platforms, systems and networking infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, OS/kernel, network system design, and large scale storage systems.
- Build internal systems used by thousands of Googlers around the world with your domain expertise in HR, Staffing, Legal, and all other corporate functions.
- Specialist domains: UI development with AJAX and similar technologies, client application development for Windows/Mac (Chrome, Toolbar, etc.), embedded systems and mobile apps (Android), developer tools (IDEs, large-scale build systems, compilers), internationalization.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- 1 years of relevant work experience, including large systems software design and development experience, with extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Article source: http://jcnlx.com/069352057a4847e2be077985d58876ff