Our jobs website has moved! See all of our current job openings at www.google.com/jobs.
This position is based in Boulder, CO. There are related positions available in Irvine, CA; Mountain View, CA (global HQ); San Bruno, CA; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; New York, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; and Seattle/Kirkland, WA. Relocation assistance is available.
The area: Engineering
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies for which we’ve become world-renowned. In addition to revolutionizing search technology, we use our world-class programming skills to innovate in a number of other areas as well. Our projects include working on advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability and storage solutions, and large-scale applications that enrich the user experience. We also work extensively on networking systems, advertising systems and complex transaction systems in consumer applications.
The role: Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer, you have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems. Google is much more than search, and our mission has much greater scope. To handle information at the scale of the web requires ideas from just about every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design, etc. Engineers work on a wide variety of projects. Boulder Based Projects include Chrome, Google Apps, Revenue Reporting, 3D Warehouse, BuildingMaker, Discussion Forums SketchUp.
- Write code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Write client application development frameworks for Chrome (C++). Enable rich web applications using Chrome and push cloud computing.
- Build internal systems used by thousands of Googlers around the world with your domain expertise.
- Specialist domains: billing systems, UI development with AJAX and similar technologies, and 3D computer graphics,
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- 8 years of relevant work experience, including large systems software development experience, or client application development.
- Programming experience C++ or Java.
- Knowledge of development tools on Windows, Mac OS X and / or Unix/Linux.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10 years relevant work experience.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
If you have 1 year of experience or less, please check out our new grad Software Engineering position here.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Article source: http://jcnlx.com/f48c38adcdfb40168f6152fa151851a3