Our jobs website has moved! See all of our current job openings at www.google.com/jobs.
This position is based in Boulder, CO.
The area: Research and Systems Infrastructure
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping Google’s internal systems humming, Googlers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We’re back-end ninjas: protecting your privacy, ensuring your security and leaving no trace behind.
The role: Test Engineer
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren’t manual testers — you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google’s massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You’ll have a huge impact on the quality of Google’s growing suite of products and services.
You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
- Developing test strategies.
- Automating tests using test frameworks.
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems.
- Take responsibility for monitoring product development and usage at all levels with an eye toward improving product quality.
- May create test harnesses and infrastructure.
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- 3 years experience developing test automation in C++, Java or Python.
- MA/MS in Computer Science.
- 6 years relevant experience, including 3 years industry experience.
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging.
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments.
- Deep knowledge of internet technologies.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Article source: http://jcnlx.com/5b859ba6604b40d089fadfb131b984fc