YouTube Policy Advisor
Our jobs website has moved! See all of our current job openings at www.google.com/jobs.
This position is based in San Bruno, CA.
The area: Product Quality Operations
The Product Quality Operations (PQO) team defends the integrity of Google, its users, and partners worldwide by defining and communicating product policies, fighting spam, fraud, and abuse across Google products. We are dedicated to protecting Google’s brand and reputation and ensuring product quality to the company’s expanding base of advertisers, publishers, and users in more than 40 languages on a global basis. We partner with our Product Managers and Engineers to fight fraud and abuse across a broad range of products such as Google Search, AdWords, AdSense, Checkout and Maps. This means that PQO team members need to be proactive, motivated, organized, responsible, innovative – and able to work well in a fast-paced, global, cross-functional, and team-oriented environment while demonstrating technical know-how, effective communication and getting things done.
The role: YouTube Policy Advisor
As YouTube Policy Advisor, you will lead YouTube’s policy development efforts. You will work with the YouTube policy team to drive global video policy. You will work with a cross-functional global team of YouTube and Google employees. You will help develop video policies and processes that not only benefit YouTube users, but also balance YouTube’s values with various stakeholder interests.
- Create industry-leading strategies to improve the YouTube users’ policy understanding and compliance; create and refine policies that are logical, clear, enforceable, and aligned with our values and mission.
- Develop and implement metrics that capture policy impact and measure process efficiencies.
- Research and scope networks of key stakeholders (e.g. industry partners, non-profit groups, academics, competitors) to support video-based content policies that will help maintain a healthy, user-focused online ecosystem while balancing the core values of YouTube with key stakeholder interests.
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate with product, engineering, legal, and public affairs stakeholders to build product features and internal tools that optimize policy implementation and content review.
- Bachelor’s Degree (In lieu of degree, 6 years relevant work experience)
- Advanced degree (JD, Master’s in Policy). 12 years relevant work experience, including 9 years industry experience
- Broad policy experience with direct knowledge of the tech sector or the key issues impacting the Web, like intellectual property, free expression, Internet access, and online safety, in addition to experience developing standards and practices in the media industry.
- Experience working in high-stress environments and a proven ability to exercise judgment even in a crisis; team player who can work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as the ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand.
- Direct experience in developing and/or implementing video content policy.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Article source: http://jcnlx.com/6b8b5dda7dbe4e5b9e4e8d045d09a391